Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lu and the sharpie


Lucas is my beloved 2 1/2 year old son. He is the 4th and last child, therefore he is a little strange. He has an unbelieveably large vocabulary and can articulate his ideas and opinions very clearly. That being said, he, on occasion, reminds us that he is in fact just a 2 year old. He chose to do this today by waking up before anyone else, sneaking in to the junk drawer and finding a bright blue sharpie marker. He then... wait for it....




drew all over


1. himself


2. the wood floor


3. the (fake) oriental rug in the living room


4. the couch


5. the loveseat


6. the outside of my new PINK laptop


7. his father (who fell asleep watching Sports Center the night before... and I left him there)




Well, I like to be a 'glass half full' type of gal, so I decided to pass along my newfound wisdom to my readers (or reader, as I am sure my mother is the only one reading this), so here it is:




1. Contrary to most websites I found on the subject, hairspray does not remove sharpie... from ANYTHING!


2. neither does fingernail polish remover


3. B&BW exfoliating scrub can fade sharpie off of a child, but he still looks like he has an abnormal number of blue veins on his legs, arms, stomach, back and tushie


4. my junk drawer needs to be cleaned out




So, that is how I started my Sunday.




Next post:


Charly's Christmas List


1. New living room furniture and rug :(




5 comments:

Carrie said...

So glad you're blogging!! Another addiction! I can't imagine waking up to that! But it's a fun memory you'll never forget and one that his future wife will love to hear! :)

Mrs. H. said...

Charly-
Welcome to blogging! What a story to start out with - bless your heart!
Laurie :-) aka "Mrs. H." on my blog ;-)

Sara said...

OK, I thought my son's "terrible twos" were bad... you win :)

Amy Ellis said...

Hey! Can I add your blog to my faves on my blog page? Try this for the sharpie... write on top of it with a dry erase marker, then spray on the EXPO dry erase cleaner and wipe it off. You may have to do this several times, but it should work. Good luck!

Amy Ellis said...

To add other people's blog links, once you are signed in to your blog go to "layouts" then click on "Add a Gadget" then click on "List Link". Then you just type in the blog/web address and the name you want it to appear as on your blog.

I don't think the Expo spray will work on the couches, but it should work on the floor and maybe your laptop. My son wrote all over his sisters room...