Saturday, December 27, 2008

Grace and the bangs

By the time I was 5, I had long, gorgeous hair past my waist. This is not the case for poor Grace. She was bald until she was 2. We were excited not to have to powder her head for pictures anymore (you know, the glare), but I was ready to resort to Rogaine or Miracle Grow or SOMETHING because I had only had boys, who do not look fondly on being put in hairbows and I was itching to dress my little princess up in all things girly. Ok, so we had to go with bangs, because what little she did have was thin and wiry and rather odd looking.
Fastforward 3 years and we are trying in vain to grow the bangs out, but this takes creativity, as it makes me NUTS when little girls have hair in their eyes. Here is Grace with freshly dried hair:

And here is our creative solution. We call it a top pony, as opposed to a back pony (a traditional ponytail), a side pony (on top, but over to the side), a double pony (piggie tails), etc.
I think she pulls it off well, but it will be nice to have it all the same length... isn't that about the time bangs come back in style? *groans* :)

1 comments:

Amy Ellis said...

She is so cute! When we come to Bryan next we need to let them play~ I think they would have so much fun. And, Ashley actually comes to "Camp Nonna" in the summer. She spends at least a week by herself with my mom so maybe she and Grace could go swimming or something.

My camera is nothing special. It's just a Cannon Power Shot 6.0 but takes great pictures. I think I will update with a newer version of it this summer or by the holidays next year. It takes great videos too.