Sunday, December 7, 2008

Redecorating

Let me be the first to say that I have very little tate when it comes to decorating... anything you see in my home that looks well placed is because someone one came in, shook their head in shame and promptly moved it to a more duitable location. I have the ability to buy nice things. I just don't know what to do with them once I get them out of the bag/box, etc.

Ryan (6) and Lucas (2) are two peas in a pod. They have wanted to share a room since Ryan found out Lucas was a 'Lucas' and not a 'Katherine Brooke'. This weekend, with the help of birthday money (thanks mom and dad), we made that happen. First stop: Ikea! Next, I stole from walls in other rooms and put together what might not be a well thought out, Feng Shui, balances, inner-peace type of place, but.... it looks like a kids room. I feel successful!


This is framed art of theirs and quilts my mom made them.

This is Ryan's bed... I have ALWAYS wanted those giant Ikea leaves! The kids LOVE them!

This is the bed Lucas will sleep in :)


This is the view from their doorway walking in from the hall :)





3 comments:

Leanna said...

Very cute...love the leaves!

Mrs. H. said...

What a wonderful room you have created! I think you are a very talented decorator. The thing I love the best, though, is the realationship you describe between Ryan and Lucus - precious. Have you ever heard that country song about brothers? I think it is Keith Whitley and maybe Earl Thomas Conley - makes my bawl everytime I hear it thinking of Bryan and all his brothers. Since Jake doesn't have a brother I just substitute cousins for him. ;-)
Have a good week Charly!

Butterfly Chaser Photography said...

I've been to your house many times and I think your decorating always looks great.

My house, is decorated less...impressively and, in theory, I'm "artistic".

Also...you have good taste in baby names. I'm almost sorry Katherine Brooke never materialized. ;P