Monday, December 8, 2008

Morning Meeting


At about 8:15 am, the kids in room 102 meet. In our "morning meeting," we talk about the calendar, tons of daily math, sing, dance, read poetry together, share good news, discuss weather, read a book, etc. For me, I was having a hard time remembering everything every morning, so I made a little slide show. Actually, I make one every week. Here is mine for this week. (I should also note that I have a smartboard in my room.)


This comes after bellwork and the DECEMBER song, but it jumped out of order when uploading (grrr!!!)- This is the math portion of our meeting. I choose kids to fill in the blanks and while they are doing this, the other kids are using their slates and markers to write the same information- we are all sitting on a rug for this meeting.

This is what they see when they walk in at 8am.

This is just one of many ways we learn to spell those hard to spell words :)

I always like to do a fun little poem or song.








I just erased another slide that goes with this song... I have got to figure this thing out!!! Anyway, this is what we do from 8:15- 9:00 am . I am going to tell you about literacy stations, 9:00am- 10:15am, daily, but it's too late to start that now :)





















2 comments:

Leanna said...

You just have too much time on your hands! :) Everything looks GREAT!!!

Sara Blackburn White said...

OMG! Can I move to BCS and you teach Jack? Seriously- how in the world do you balance everything and remain sane & creative?
Very inspiring I must say;)