Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dinner





I made the best thing today and, for the first time in a LONG time, not one of my kids complained they didn't like it!!!! Yay! Ok, I took regular Pilsbury crescent rolls. A can comes with 8, but I cut them so that instead of one big triangle, I have 2 smaller triangles. I grated medium cheddar cheese and, in this case I used turkey lunch meat and cut it into small pieces. I put a pinch of both cheese and turkey , then sealed the dough around it and put them, seam side down on a cookie sheet. They baked at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. The recipe made 16 small pot stickers and each child easily ate 4, with pears and peanut crackers (their combination, not mine!). Yum! (I am calling them pot stickers because I don't know what else to call them and they kind of look like pot stickers... )




For Stacey and me, I made personal chicken pot pies. I put chicken, cooked and cut, into a pot with cream of mushroom soup, onion, carrots, peas, green beans and peppers. I added salt, pepper and garlic salt and boiled for about 10 min. Then I buttered 4 personal bundt pans (that was the only small oven safe dish set I had) and put a Pilsbury crescent over it, brushed it with butter and baked it for 10 min. I also made Campbell's chicken noodle soup to go with it. The first pic is my real meal with pot pies and soup, the second is just a stock photo of pot stickers... forgot to take an actual pic of those :(
It was good!
Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Leanna said...

The "pot stickers" sound pretty good!!! I LOVE chicken pot pie...that sounds good as well! :)

Amy Ellis said...

I am seriously inspired!

Becca said...

Thanks for the recipe! Definitely gonna try both of these things soon!!

brickmomma said...

Um, YUM-O!!!!

Good ideas-