Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall


I LOVE LOVE LOVE Fall. I think I loved it a little more before I was a 1st grade teacher, because let's face it, teachers beat Fall into the ground, but that aside, I still love it. I love cooking with apples and pumpkins. I love cooking with my crockpot. I love burning cranberry chutney wax tarts with the windows open, a cool breeze blowing through the house while sounds of football can be heard both from the tv and from the kids playing outside. I love carving faces into food objects and trying to explain gourds to my children, when I don't even really understand them myself. I love reaping the benefits of my children going door to door, begging for sweets. I love leaves in colors other than green. I love not having to tend to the yard. I love not sweating all the time.
This weekend my sweet sweet mother in law treated us to a Fall makeover, by getting us a few things for our mantel. I know Stacey is happy, because now that I have Fall decor, I won't be so quick to demand all 1,734 boxes of Christmas decorations come down from the attic on November 15 so I can make the house look like elves threw up all over it.
I jus wish the Aggies could appreciate my love for Fall and realize that they are raining on my parade a little bit.

1 comments:

Sara said...

*sigh* You're making me wistful for fall. I wish it would freaking get here!! :)