Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I NEED YOUR INPUT!

I really, really, really need some input on a very important decision! My girlfriends and I are taking a trip, but we aren't sure where... our current idea is Nashville. We don't want to go to NYC again (I have been 4 times in the last 4 years) and we don't want to go to Vegas (have been there 3 times, as recently as August) and we can't think of anywhere else to go.... Disney is out (one of my friends is going in March) and DC is out (another one of my friends just went last summer) so we are at a bit of a loss..... I think I am the youngest going (I'm 30) and the oldest as of now is 52. Lots and lots of walking may be difficult for some, so.... keeping all that in mind, any suggestions? I think there are about 6 of us... or at least I hope there will be, once we pick where to go. We are going in June, if that helps! We are in need of choices... I can't BELIEVE that we can't think of anywhere.... also, I should throw this out there... we are budgeting about $1000 per person TOTAL (airfare/hotel/car if needed and spending $$). I would appreciate any and all suggestions! Thanks!

8 comments:

Becca said...

Go to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. It's so awesome & laid back & there's lots to do! That or Florida!

Sara said...

Have you thought about a cruise? I don't know if everyone going is comfortable with their sea legs, but this far in advance you should be able to get some really good deals. We've found that this is usually the best deal overall for food, lodging, etc.

Also, you may think about New Orleans. They may have good deals while they're trying to build back up their tourism.

Sounds sooo fun!! Have a great time wherever you decide to go :)

Amy Ellis said...

My dad lives in Myrtle Beach, so fun! Also, CALIFORNIA! You could do San Francisco and the Napa stuff, or LA and Hollywood. Whatever you decide, just let me know and I will be ready-- I can fit in your suitcsae, right?

Garratts said...

My friend and her mom went to San Francisco and loved it. Another fun one is San Diego.

Leanna said...

I vote on San Francisco too!!! There is SOOO much to do there and it wil feel great in June. We went at the end of May for our 1 year anniversary a few years ago and we FROZE to death! Napa Valley is GORGEOUS!!! There is Fisherman's Wharf...Alcatraz...Trolley Cars...curviest road...so much to do!I really think y'all should go there. We actually stayed across the Golden Gate bridge in Sausalito. It costs a little more over there but it was so nice!

Sara Blackburn White said...

I say you would be great in San Fran unless people do not like walking up GIANT hills;) I did this last time while too prego- so I felt handicapped. My suggestion is anywhere on 30A in Florida. Seaside Beach, Rosemary Beach, or Water Color. All three are amazing-
you can take a shuttle from the airport and back and after that its like being in a time warp(good one that is). The cutest little villages/towns- you can walk, bike, spa, swim, RELAX, shop! Besides Sonoma - my idea choice for girls trip!!
Good luck making your choice;)Sounds fun!

Linda S. Socha said...

Although I do not know you and I am not sure where you would be coming from, I like your blog and I live in Nashville,
This is a great place to visit if you love entertainment and music. There is nearly always some performance going on.

Good Luck!. Thanks sharing your lovfely blogt.

Charli Henley said...

I'm just being nosy and putting my two cents... But have you thought about Boston/Cape Cod/New England? It is lovely here in June - not sweltering. We have the ocean, the city, the history, the art, the shopping... Something for everyone! Have a happy trip, wherever you decide to go!