Saturday, October 25, 2008

I voted. It felt good. Although my vote for president didn't really count... I mean, we all know Texas is a red state and no matter what my affiliation, that fact remains, however, there were other races that I hope to have had an impact on. PLEASE go vote. *start patriotic soundtrack* There is absolutely no excuse not to... and if you choose not to, don't come crying to me when the tax rate goes sky high, the war on terror is all but abandoned, abortion is not only perfectly legal at any stage, but encouraged and taught in public schools and we go to a socialized healthcare system. *steps down from soapbox*

In other news, my Aggies won.... which is a SHOCK, since A&M has been biting the big one as of late and can't seem to do anything right... let's just hope we're not seeing the last win for the season right here, right now.

3 comments:

Leanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leanna said...

I voted today too!!! :)

Charli Henley said...

I know this isn't exactly a comment on your post but... We have the same name! (Sort of.)

I WILL be voting next week. (Thanks for the encouragement!) We have a lot of local propositions to vote on, which makes things interesting.

My family is in Texas! I try to go every year. Love it. Miss it.