Friday, October 3, 2008

The story of Andrew and the teeth...




My son Andrew has the most beautiful teeth I have ever seen. I had braces from 5th to 8th grade and even then, I wondered if a few more years weren't needed. When he originally lost his teeth he was, of course, precious as all 5 yr olds are (You should SEE my little Junie B in my class that just lost her top front... adorable). Then the big ones started to grow in... and by 'big,' I mean humongous, ginormous, he-could-eat-the -ever-livin'-heck out of an apple goofy looking Bugs Bunny teeth! (It is proper to capitalize the names of cartoon characters, true?) Anyway, everyone told me he would grow into them... I was just wondering how big they expected him to get...




Fast forward 3 years and I swear the child has one of the mist beautiful smiles I have every seen. May be it's because he's mine, but daddies, it's time to start locking up your daughters, because he has moves, let me tell you... At recess (yes, Amy, I was inspired by your recess story), his friends play football and the girls play cheerleader. He recently informed us that his roll in all this is that of the cheerleader coach. After my dear husband recovered from choking on his steak he, not so tactfully, informed Andrew that he was NOT going to be assuming that roll any longer and needed to tap into more masculine (meaning less feminine) talents. Being the smart boy that he is, he came the next day to tell us that he was no longer the cheerleader coach, that another boy had taken that job (note to self, find out who this boy is and thank him), and is now a yell leader. Now, since my husband literally bleeds maroon (no, really, I have seen it), how could he argue? He couldn't, which is funny by itself, but the truly classic part came when I asked him why he'd rather be on the sidelines, than the field to which he replied...


"Um, Mom? That's where all the hot chicks are..." making a valid point, as usual!




Just a side note, he is in love with a precious little girl named Sarah and he even named a Webkinz after her... and I kind of told her, which he doesn't know... does that make me a bad mom?


Additional side note, I realize that the television show in the background looks like it might possibly appear to fall into the "adult film" category, but it is really the episode of One Tree Hill where Payton gets shot in the school library by Jimmy, the hefty guy that clearly needed therapy... just wanted to clear that up before folks jumped to wrong conclusions :)

0 comments: