Thursday, October 2, 2008




I have a 5 1/2 yr old daughter. Her name is Grace. Her brothers, who were 3 and 1 1/2 when she was born, had a little trouble saying "Gracie", so they called her Gigi. It fits. She is diva-ish. (BTW, I had a professor in college that pronounced 'diva' with the long /i/ sound when reading "Lily and the Purple Plastic Purse" and it drove me NUTS) Anyway, she loves to have toe nails painted, loves make up and still has glitter stuck to her scalp from her dance recital in MAY... which is a good indicator of the quantity she thought necessary to be a ballerina. I love this child because she is quirky... she has a routine at night before she goes to bed: She gives me hug, kiss, kiss, hug. She gives her daddy hug, kiss, hug, kiss. DO NOT EVER try to sneak in an extra hug or kiss or she will fall to pieces adn then give you the look pictured above.... seriously.


Grace started Kindergarten this year. I teach at the best elementary school within 50 miles so naturally, she comes to school with me. Now, my co workers only knew me as mom to my two rough and tumble boys who went to school with me... boys who play soccer, rarely match and never comb their hair. I think people were a little shocked to meet Grace. She is at least a head shorter than 90% of the kindergarten class as a whole, the bottom of her backpack hits her in the back of the knees and it isn't abnormally large, but she has the biggest personality of anyone I know. I often find the women in the office or the kinder aides telling "Grace" stories.... my best friend teaches kinder this year and always has something to tell me.


I am glad I only have one girl, so we can go get mani/pedi's, go to lunch at the tea room (which CLOSED and I am not quite over that yet), and shop!!! (boy, does she love to shop). I think I was made to have just one goofy little girl. Have I mentioned that I predict raising her will be equally, if not more difficult than raising all three of my boys combined? I love Grace!



2 comments:

Amy Ellis said...

Grace and my Ashley would be good friends! I'll let you know the next time we are in BCs and maybe we can get together. And, isn't it great to have your kids at school with you?

Garratts said...

Your kids are beautiful, Charly!