Wednesday, October 15, 2008


I KNOW you remember a post a few weeks back about my sweet, precious little Lucas and the bright blue sharpie, right? He drew all over the back of our couch, on the (non reversible) couch cushion and all over all four of the reversible cushions of the love seat. Now, I should say that while our couches were cheap, they were only 3 years old and we were hoping they would last long enough for us to get into another house before having to get new ones.
After much debate (and having to look at army green and blue striped couches), we decided that something needed to be done. On Monday, the whole family piled into the Yukon after I got home from school and went to the Ashley Furniture Showroom. We looked and looked and looked and ended up picking out what my mother would argue, the same couch and love seat we had before. It is true that they look a lot alike, they are NOT the same... there is a lovely cream colored piping on these, the back cushions aren't removable, ... jeez, they aren't even the same shade of green!
Anyway, they are on their way and will be here net week.... bye bye blue striped couch... it will be finding a new home with my mom, who doesn't' care that the back of the couch is striped, since it will be facing the wall, unlike here. The blue striped love seat is going to find a new home in our playroom because we can turn cushions and it goes back to looking like a cheap love seat that has survived a house with 4 children.
Above is a pic of my new, non striped love seat I took with my phone at the Ashley store ;) I will take pics once they are in the house ... yay!

1 comments:

brickmomma said...

So you are the third person I know who has bought a couch this week... now that is random!